Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Put out by the organization being carefully curated by his wife?

I find it hard to believe this will be much more insightful than a Hallmark card...

To be fair, I guess that's what makes it a "memoir" and not a biography.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Put out by the organization being carefully curated by his wife?

I find it hard to believe this will be much more insightful than a Hallmark card...

To be fair, I guess that's what makes it a "memoir" and not a biography.
Agree to your point. Will just have to wait and see. , but I'm still pretty interested.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Was just thinking about this very thing the other day the pause got called for (and I agree with that second part)...
The recent rise of generative AI — artificial intelligence such as ChatGPT that can create texts or images and hold humanlike conversations — has thrust us into a new era of technology and of freshly urgent ethical debates about it. It is dividing tech leaders, with some, including Elon Musk, calling for a moratorium on training more powerful AI systems so that their risks can be evaluated. Powell Jobs says Jobs, in the current context, “would speak even more loudly about the need for us to have a certain philosophy about it and to pay attention to what could be unintended consequences.”

Culturally, technology is so focused on the future that lessons from the past are often neglected. And when the past is revisited, it can seem less glorious than before, as in Malcolm Harris’s new book, “Palo Alto: A History of California, Capitalism and the World.” At this moment, when AI is rattling society, its creators seemingly prone to repeat the hasty mistakes of previous tech innovators, the Jobs book serves, in part, as a warning to ground technology in humanity.
People need to be reminded of his way of thinking, especially the people who are/looking to be in tech right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.