Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSmartDoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2021
I have a MacBook Pro 16inch 2019 With macOS Monterey. for the past few weeks every time I try to watch anything on my MacBook besides Apple TV and YouTube it freezes when I click on the website. For example I load up Hulu click on my show everything is working fine but when I click to play the Ep or show the hole page freezes. I am currently using safari but I tried Firefox chrome and its the exact same thing. I tried to install Microsoft edge but it would not open. in safari I did change the settings for the recommended settings for Hulu but still nothing. at the end I wiped my MacBook to factory and still with same problem. I have a fast connection and I am also connected via Ethernet. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide ?.

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
Is it possible that Monterey is to blame? You said you did a factory reset, so I would assume you didn't go back to Monterey and this occurred on Catalina or Big Sur? Whichever was the native OS when the device shipped. If you're still at Monterey, I'd suspect it as that OS has it's issues right now.

TheSmartDoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2021
Yes after the reset it put me back at Monterey. After making the post I went and unchecked everything in the safari settings and now I can watch stuff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.