Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericdmann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Help make my idea a reality by voting for this on Quirky!

Capi, as I call the cable caps, allow the user to simply, and easily connect their iPhone, iPad, or iPod cables to their devices without the wear and tear of pushing in the connector.

By using caps, instead of making entire cables, it allows a customer to by inexpensive "additions" and use existing collections of cables.

These cables also create a failsafe in the event of a pulled cable, either by a passerby, pet, or falling device. They also create a satisfying "click" each time the magnets come in contact with another.

http://www.quirky.com/ideations/213342?return_page=2

njdevil

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2009
Not personally that into the concept, I don't have a problem plugging in iDevices.

My main problem however is that either the you make magnets strong enough that they will keep an iPhone upright and secure in already existing car or speaker dock, or make 'em weak enough that they will break away if somebody trips over the cable. You can't do both. iPhones and iPods just don't weigh enough for that to work the way it does with Macbooks, and even with an iPad I'm doubtful this could ever really work :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.