Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0kami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
Hungary
Has anyone had the same issue? These keys suddenly just stopped working. It's an older battery powered, bluetooth keyboard, but I want to fix it instead of buying a new one and throwing it away. I've tried it with different Macs, no success. I don't want to take it apart if I don't have to. If I have to do it anyway, would it help to anyone else if I document it?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If it doesn't work on other Macs, sounds like the keyboard is broken.
Time for a replacement.

I'd suggest a non-Apple keyboard instead.
And wired is always better than bluetooth.

0kami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
Hungary
If it doesn't work on other Macs, sounds like the keyboard is broken.
Time for a replacement.

I'd suggest a non-Apple keyboard instead.
And wired is always better than bluetooth.

Yeah, but maybe it's a fixable issue, because only the mentioned keys doesn't work, otherwise it's fine. I don't want to throw it and make electronics waste if it's fixable. I'm ok with taking apart things and troubleshooting such thing, it's not like an iMac's logic board. I'm making and fixing audio electronics, I just wanted to know if anyone already faced this issue and maybe solved it, or if it could be a software issue (which I'm not so familiar with), it would be less time for me then to fix it :) If it's so much trash and I find a mayor problem, then I'll think of buying a non-apple wired keyboard ;) thx anyway!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.