Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Considering these three. Already got the clear capsule rebel and i like it but i was considering the other two. what do you think?

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I bought the Speck CandyShell and like it a lot. I did not use their screen protector, but grabbed a front only Invisible Shield to protect the screen.

I used to have a Griffin Wave and didn't like the bulk it added. The Speck seems smaller and completely wraps around the phone, unlike the Wave which was a two-piece that still let it dust which ended up scratching my 3G.

phrozen209

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
Waterford; Turlock, CA
Love my Switcheasy Rebels. I also like my Incase Sliders, but if you want a lot of protection, get a Rebel. I have dropped my 3G a couple times on Cement, and my phone is fine. The Rebel took all the punishment.

machacker

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
I have had the rebel and the slider. The slider scratched my apple logo pretty good. My Bezel managed to survive, but the back was pretty damaged.

The rebel was a great case. But I hated how around the volume rocker the case tended to pull away. Meaning I had to take it out a lot and clean it. Very annoying.

Needless to say my candyshell is in the mail as we speak.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
One more thing about the CandyShell. It does not have to be removed to use it in the dock. Just take out the dock insert and it fits fine. No need to take it off and risk scratching your phone.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
get an incase slider

built like a tank and you wont worry about protecting your phone

best case...my girl, who like to play "phone kickball", drops her phone often in the slider. yeah the slider is beat up and cracked on top (time for a new one :D) BUT NO scratches on the back casing.

i recommend it highly

i just ordered the charcoal slider since i've never seen it

i'll post some pics when i get it;)

CallMeZsaZsa

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Have a rebel on my phone now, a candyshell in the mail , and want to order a slider...I guess Im no help lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.