Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samywamy10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys,
I recently got a usb to composite (3x rca) capture card and I'm wondering if there's such a product to split the composite output into 2, so that I can 1) game without the 1-2 second lag and 2) play the game on my tv.

I don't want a professional 1*8/1*4 splitter, just a consumer 1 into 2.

Thanks!

Last edited:

samywamy10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
From Scott via Email

From Scott via Email
Hi Sammy

I know this is a little late but there are no replies on the forum.
If you just want to remover the delay you would be fine to use cable that splits the signal, eg 1RCA->2RCA.
Another option that may save you from having to buy any new cables is to run the game into the TV and come out of the TV's AUX Out and into the capture card.
One final way is a distribution amplifier, this is way, way, way over the top for what you want to do unless it is for live performance or the cable runs are meters apart.

Hope this helps
Scott

samywamy10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately my monitor doesn't have a TV out, and I couldn't find a cable that split the RCA cable into 2. Not to worry however as I purchased a usb capture card (as opposed to the one built in to the computer) and there is no noticeable lag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.