Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I've had this app for a while, and I've enjoyed using it to track gas and maintenance costs. This past weekend I was logging a gas fill-up, and it wouldn't save. I tried twice. The only thing I can come up with is there may be a limit to how many entries the app will hold, or maybe it's based on time.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

funkboy77

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
I've had this app for a while, and I've enjoyed using it to track gas and maintenance costs. This past weekend I was logging a gas fill-up, and it wouldn't save. I tried twice. The only thing I can come up with is there may be a limit to how many entries the app will hold, or maybe it's based on time.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hello Stockcerts,
I am the author of Car Care. There is no upper limit on how many entries the app will hold - could you tell a little more detail about what happened? When you hit Save, would it do nothing, or would it go to the entries screen and just not show anything?
I want to make sure you get the app working again - have you tried restarting your iPhone, just in case there was something wrong with the operating system?

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
When I would click save nothing saved. I'm going out for gas tonight, so I'll try again. I have since restarted. I'll let you know how it goes.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Glad it's working, thanks for trying the app!

If you're working on updates, I'd love to have one that exports data to some file on your computer in case you have to clean out the firmware (like I had to do 3 times thanks to the 2.0 firmware) and start over. I gave up on keeping my old numbers, but it works fine so far with the ones in the past few months.

You should also get with those guys that make GasBag and create the ultimate fuel app that tracks your personal fuel AND shows you how much gas is around you. I just wish the fuel companies would figure out how to put such info on a centralized server (AAA could help out) so you're not relying on the 2 people down the block with an iPhone for 200 gas station prices.

I know you have limitations. Those are just suggestions. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.