Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Singitloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2023
The weirdest thing, and it happens on my aftermarket radio as well as my wife's Equinox stock radio.

iPhone is connected (wired and unwired CarPlay depending on the car), but we're listening to XM or the regular radio through the head unit (not CarPlay). Suddenly the sound stops, and the radio will not respond to touch. The only way to get the radio back is to activate CarPlay somehow. I usually activate Siri with the button on my steering wheel and then deactivate it. Radio works again.

Any ideas?

Using iOS 16

Thanks in advance.

Dwaine

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
The weirdest thing, and it happens on my aftermarket radio as well as my wife's Equinox stock radio.

iPhone is connected (wired and unwired CarPlay depending on the car), but we're listening to XM or the regular radio through the head unit (not CarPlay). Suddenly the sound stops, and the radio will not respond to touch. The only way to get the radio back is to activate CarPlay somehow. I usually activate Siri with the button on my steering wheel and then deactivate it. Radio works again.

Any ideas?

Using iOS 16

Thanks in advance.

Dwaine
Have you tried turning off CarPlay on the head unit and forgetting CarPlay on the iPhone? The pair them again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.