Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garrett

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
I have an Alpine stereo for my truck, and when I plug it in, it says it doesn't recognize any player, nor with my parents Sony Xplod series (Which both are iPod Capable)... Am I doing something wrong? I would love to use this in my truck. :apple:

--Wolf--

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Chch, New Zealand
I know the Sony Xplod is certainly compatible with iPods, tho never tried myself.

Maybe it's something as simple as altering a setting, tho I don't know sorry.

wizzracer

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Dallas, Texas
I have an Alpine stereo for my truck, and when I plug it in, it says it doesn't recognize any player, nor with my parents Sony Xplod series (Which both are iPod Capable)... Am I doing something wrong? I would love to use this in my truck. :apple:

Did you turn the function on for Ipod? My Alpine touch see's both the 80gig and my IPT.

Look at your manual on how this is done.

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
My JVC (KD-PDR30) w/ built in dock cable doesn't work with my iPod touch either. Kind of sucks, but I kind of expected it. Guess I'm lucky I have an AUX input to use instead.

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
I sure hope my stereo does - it's one of the reasons I stick with ipod, as I have a dock in the car. The reviews of the touch said that compatibility issues had been fixed. I'll find out in about an hour I guess.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
yup, my JVC dock connector dosent work either, i guess the ipod software is too different on the touch for it to figure out what to do with it

Zarbs

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2002
yup, my JVC dock connector dosent work either, i guess the ipod software is too different on the touch for it to figure out what to do with it

I was afraid of this. I use my current 5G iPod 99.9% of the time in my Mitsubishi using their factory iPod interface direct to the audio system. I cancelled my Apple Online order as I want to test the connectivity at a dealer before I drop hard cash on this as a replacement. If anyone tries this in a Mitsubishi that uses the iPod interface, and it works, let me know...

Zarbs

Y2JDMBFAN

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
My Kenwood 8019 and KCA-IP300V works with the audio. It is a little slow though, and the video doesn't work yet of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.