Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psycho93

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Ireland
Hi all, i just changed my car to an Audi Q2. CarPlay is working almost perfectly with my iPhone 7 (ios11.0.3) apart from one niggly issue with Maps. When i connect to CarPlay and open the Maps app I'm immediately shown a route to the same place no matter where I am in the country? This location is not in My Favourites, saved as a location, or associated with any of my Contacts?

any ideas appreciated, I have also sent a "Report Issue" to Apple

MacWorks916

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2015
I had a similar problem but it was pulling the location from my next appointment on my calendar. Another user suggested this and it worked. Might be worth giving it a try.

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations

psycho93

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Ireland
I had a similar problem but it was pulling the location from my next appointment on my calendar. Another user suggested this and it worked. Might be worth giving it a try.

oh thank ****, I really thought I was the only one :)

had a look at Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations (i have Significant Locations?) and this particular location is listed as having 35 visits since July 2017!!!! it is located about 1km from my home address,

am going to disable the significant locations option and see whats happens? might also turn off

Location based alerts
location based Apple ads
location based suggestions

thanks again for the help
[doublepost=1508351296][/doublepost]

Thank you so much, problem solved :)

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
You can clear the significant locations and start fresh - takes a couple of days to build up. I wonder why Apple changed frequent to Significant but then again.

Reactions: psycho93
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.