Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
I was trying out the new iTunes radio via CarPlay this evening and it is everything I hoped it would be. It works like Pandora and it actually works properly from the screen (Spotify was a bit hit and miss so you often had to start stations from the phone itself).

The touch UI is fine, and it's well laid out (see image) so it's easy to up vote tracks without looking away from the road. I'd prefer if the two options were bigger after you touch the star (which turns blue if you have up voted a track) - you can say "more of this type" or "less of this type" and the two menu items are quite close together. I'd prefer if they became two giant option buttons at the top and bottom of the screen, or at least further apart. Minor quibble though.

I haven't tried Siri much with the new radio stuff. I tried to have her make a radio station for me:

"make a radio station based on this song", "make a radio station based on [specific track name]" and both requests were met with a specific denial "I'm sorry I can't make that radio station" which suggests to me that I am missing some magic keyword or that the functionality is not quite ready yet.

Does anyone have any Siri commands that definitely work for this sort of organisation?

Attachments

• IMG_3785.PNG
    IMG_3785.PNG
    293.1 KB · Views: 90

BrentT

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
I was able to get Siri to play songs from a named artist. I had trouble getting her to play a named album. I didn't try to create a playlist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.