Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
CarPlay works fine on the BMW iDrive screen but the screen betwen the instrument dials cuts off the first and last character of a contact's name when making and recieveing a call.

I've attached some images to show what I mean. Does anyone else have this issue?

IMG_0694.jpg
IMG_0696.jpg

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Sorry for not being helpful - but my comment is knowing how BMW charges for everything they probably charge more for first and last letter?

This happens no matter how short the contact is?

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Also - on my BMW 530 when using Carplay and I get a call, it does not show the persons picture, if I have one saved, like my wife. But, yet when I switch to BMW's system and I get call, it does show a picture. I know sounds stupid, but really Apple, you can't make something better than to go with your iphones to utilize all the features?

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Update from BMW!

I've been advised by our Product team that an update to resolve this issue is being developed, and we're hoping to have it available to our customer in March - your local Centre should be able to administer this update when it's available.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.