Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ballsop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Does anyone know how apple is implementing this? Surely it's defendant on the car manufacturer itself updating their infotainment system to allow it?

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I asked the same question here. Hopefully the OP gets chance to test it out, but yeah, like I assumed it would need an update from the car manufacturer or something. Perhaps CarPlay is more ingrained than we know

EDIT - ahh I see you replied there as well :)

Reactions: ballsop

ballsop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I asked the same question here. Hopefully the OP gets chance to test it out, but yeah, like I assumed it would need an update from the car manufacturer or something. Perhaps CarPlay is more ingrained than we know

EDIT - ahh I see you replied there as well :)

haha, after a really underwhelming keynote, this is actually the one feature i'm excited about since i recently bought a new car with CarPlay.

macmaccy

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
haha, after a really underwhelming keynote, this is actually the one feature i'm excited about since i recently bought a new car with CarPlay.

I have a 2016 GTI Autobahn and sorry to say this feature does not work yet...maybe in later beta builds??

ballsop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I have a 2016 GTI Autobahn and sorry to say this feature does not work yet...maybe in later beta builds??

My car's make is owned by VW so it's safe to say whatever yours needs to enable cluster navigation, mine will too. I might send an email to my dealership and see if their engineers are aware of the feature and any plans as yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.