Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tguerrero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2023
Guatemala
Hello I'm having the issue reported in the title of the thread with a 2022 Audi Q5. After the updating to iOS 17.2 a wired CarPlay connection doesn't send sound or even a bluetooth connection with the native system of the car.

Chinoo

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
Hello I'm having the issue reported in the title of the thread with a 2022 Audi Q5. After the updating to iOS 17.2 a wired CarPlay connection doesn't send sound or even a bluetooth connection with the native system of the car.

Check to make sure you didn’t lower the audio completely while using CarPlay, sometimes I lower the audio while trying to lower my stereo, while in the car connected to CarPlay, say hey Siri, while it wait for you to say something, raise the volume.

Reactions: tguerrero

MikeNielsen

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2016
I'm experiencing something similar since I got my iPhone 15 Pro (or iOS 17 - I'm on latest release as of today).

When I plug in the phone (USB to USB-C cable from Anker), it will hijack the audio completely in the car even though nothing is playing on the phone. I can't even switch back to radio on the car infotainment-system. My car is a Mercedes E400d from 2019.

Also, when it does this, if I start to play audio on the iPhone (I use Deezer), it will start the track but no audio will play.

I found a workaround for this is to make start a call and end it - then the phone starts playing audio.

It's almost like CarPlay thinks there's always a phone call going - this would explain the hijacking of audio.

I wonder if what you are seeing is the same as me here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.