Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulmeyers42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
This started happening recently, not sure when exactly since I haven’t been driving much lately. I’m on iOS 13.5.1.

When I tap into one of the suggested lists like “Based on Rock” or “If you like band X” I just get a spinner. It eventually times out. The other sections of Music work just fine, it’s only these suggested lists.

Anyone else experience this? Any solves? I’ve tried force quitting music and unpairing my car, but not sure what else to try.

macagain

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Yep, noticed it a week or two ago... also on 13.5.1. I tried all the same things as you but to no avail as well.

Reactions: paulmeyers42

paulmeyers42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Well, I’m glad it’s not just me. You wouldn’t happen to be running the iOS beta on a different device?

macagain

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Well, I’m glad it’s not just me. You wouldn’t happen to be running the iOS beta on a different device?
Yes, running iPadOS14 beta on my ipad. Now that you mention it, I think that's around when it started happening... though not 100% sure since I haven't been driving much lately either...

BTW, updated iphone (X) to 13.6, still no cigar...

paulmeyers42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Yeah, I’m running the iPadOS beta as well, which is when it started for me. But again, I haven’t been driving too much so I’m not 100% sure either. I wonder if the beta Music app did something on the backend that breaks the iOS 13 music player.

macagain

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
So, I sucked it up and installed iOS 14 public beta on my iPhone. Totally new layout... The "If you liked X" lists are gone, and near as I can tell, it's replacement is "Stations For You" under a new "Listen Now" tab, and it's working.

paulmeyers42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Yikes, I had the iPadOS beta installed but ran into a some bugs and downgraded. I’m afraid to try the iPhone beta. Maybe if I get tired of this issue I’ll eventually try the beta Thanks for the tip!

macagain

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Yikes, I had the iPadOS beta installed but ran into a some bugs and downgraded. I’m afraid to try the iPhone beta. Maybe if I get tired of this issue I’ll eventually try the beta Thanks for the tip!
Well, I'm not really a heavy iPad user, so luckily did not run into any bugs that impacted my usage. The broken "If you liked..." lists in carplay was just driving (no pun intended) me up the wall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.