Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkarw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
I just stared using CarPlay iOS 14 Dev Beta 4 in a 2018 Honda Odyssey. Almost each time I get in the car, CarPlay works when plugged in. While out, if I stop the car and go in somewhere and turn the car off, then come back out and get back in the car, CarPlay launches correctly but audio from all audio apps, music, Spotify, SiriusXM all show as playing but the audio is muted. I’m trying to figure out if this a 2018 Honda Odyssey problem or an iOS 14 Dev Beta 4 problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I just stared using CarPlay iOS 14 Dev Beta 4 in a 2018 Honda Odyssey. Almost each time I get in the car, CarPlay works when plugged in. While out, if I stop the car and go in somewhere and turn the car off, then come back out and get back in the car, CarPlay launches correctly but audio from all audio apps, music, Spotify, SiriusXM all show as playing but the audio is muted. I’m trying to figure out if this a 2018 Honda Odyssey problem or an iOS 14 Dev Beta 4 problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did CarPlay work under iOS 13 or earlier iOS 14 betas? If so, I would assume that this is an issue with iOS 14 beta 4.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

I am having a similar issue with DP4. It's not all audio sources, it's only iHeartRadio in my 2020 Ford Escape with Sync3. All of the other audio sources (Spotify, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Downcast, Apple Music) are fine, but iHeartRadio refuses to play. It plays fine on my phone. So something appears to have gotten crossed up with DP4.

It's interesting that you lose audio from ALL audio sources... do they play correctly on the phone when disconnected from CarPlay? Sadly, about all you can do at this point is report the issue (feedback) and wait for the next DP release.

darkarw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Did CarPlay work under iOS 13 or earlier iOS 14 betas? If so, I would assume that this is an issue with iOS 14 beta 4.

I just purchased the Odyssey on Wednesday. I didn’t have CarPlay on another vehicle beforehand. I also posted this in the iOS 14 tab and I may have found the solution. The phone was also paired to the car for Bluetooth and I believe it was pairing before CarPlay was starting. I have unpaired the phone from the van’s Bluetooth and so far it appears to be working correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.