Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingRVAlien

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Ok so I'm the happy owner of the iPhone 6 Plus. But while I do love my device, I'm have one issue. My phone is big enough to be a great mounted CarPlay tool. How come Apple hasn't created a mount designed with quality, that allows me to mount my phone to the windshield or somewhere on the dashboard, and build a full featured CarPlay app for the iPhone 6 Plus that essentially turns my iPhone 6 Plus into a CarPlay system. I have Bluetooth sync in my SUV and I spent over $1000 for my phone because I don't do contracts, so am I the only who would LOVE this, or does it already exist and I simply can't find it?!?!

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
I'm doing the same thing for my F-150. Go here to buy a mount for your vehicle...I ordered on Monday night and got an email last night saying that they will be shipping pre-orders within the next week or two.

http://www.proclipusa.com

NDefer

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Ok so I'm the happy owner of the iPhone 6 Plus. But while I do love my device, I'm have one issue. My phone is big enough to be a great mounted CarPlay tool. How come Apple hasn't created a mount designed with quality, that allows me to mount my phone to the windshield or somewhere on the dashboard, and build a full featured CarPlay app for the iPhone 6 Plus that essentially turns my iPhone 6 Plus into a CarPlay system. I have Bluetooth sync in my SUV and I spent over $1000 for my phone because I don't do contracts, so am I the only who would LOVE this, or does it already exist and I simply can't find it?!?!

a phone mount for your card most certainly exists.

This is something Apple would leave to an accessory manufacturer.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007

But iottie one touch 2 and just use it that way. Check it out on amazon. Iphone interface is still miles better than what CarPlay is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.