Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott Baret

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
I've been having a few CarPlay issues lately. This never used to be the case until recently, and I'm not sure if there's some easy setting that I'm just missing here...

I'll go plug the iPhone into the car, usually right after I have started my engine. Then, one of the following things will happen, usually randomly, as though the phone decides what to do...

1. It will do nothing but charge. Audio settings remain unchanged on the car. If it's on the radio, it stays on the radio.

2. The audio setting will change to CarPlay and will pick up wherever I left off on a music playlist.

3. The audio setting will change to CarPlay and will play some random song, including those I don't have downloaded to the phone.

The third one is especially annoying. It will just play any random song at will. I don't like the phone using data to do this, let alone play something that I don't want to hear (like a Christmas song in the middle of February).

If there are any settings to prevent any of these, especially #3, please let me know!!

For the record, the car in question is an Acura ILX.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I have had that issue. What seems to have resolved the issue for me, delete the Music app and download a fresh copy from the App Store. You will need to resync your music again.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I have found that I can't plug in the phone right after starting the car. I have to wait maybe a minute

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.