Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
I've had CarPlay enabled on my Pioneer AVIC5000 NEX since it first became enabled and I'm noticing some issues that are popping up. Probably the most annoying issue is the inability to pick up where I leave off when listening to podcasts or lengthy songs. For example, If I'm running into a store for a few minutes and shut off my truck, I can't pick up listening to a recording when I return. It doesn't matter if I leave my iPhone 5s connected or I disconnect it and plug it back in. Entering CarPlay on my receiver once I plug back in will allow me to see the podcast/song when I start back up, but it won't play. I end up having to disconnect my phone and then close the podcasts or music app to get it to restart. My receiver will then reconnect and I can resume listening. You'd think that reconnecting the iphone to the receiver should allow you to just pick up with what you were last listening to.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a common CarPlay issue or if it's just unique to my set-up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.