Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rodeols1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2021
New to Iphone.

1- I have an Iphone 12proMax and when I use Apple Car Play my phone begins to make random calls. I was on a call with someone the phone hung up on them and then began to make random calls to multiple people including a Microsoft teams call to a coworker. Its happened a number of times and when it begins you cannot disconnect the phone from CarPlay. If you disconnect the Bluetooth it just reconnects and starts calling again. The only way to make it stop is turn off the car.

2- For some reason I can only play my play lists in apple music and only a portion of of my playlist It always seems to play the same songs in almost the same order even on shuffle

I spend a lot of time in my car and these 2 particular issues are really annoying
Android Auto never seemed to give me these issues (This is not a comparison of apple VS android) I just want to find out if there is something I'm doing wrong or is there really some type of issue?
Note (Car is 2021 Hyundai SanteFe)

Thanks

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
New to Iphone.

1- I have an Iphone 12proMax and when I use Apple Car Play my phone begins to make random calls. I was on a call with someone the phone hung up on them and then began to make random calls to multiple people including a Microsoft teams call to a coworker. Its happened a number of times and when it begins you cannot disconnect the phone from CarPlay. If you disconnect the Bluetooth it just reconnects and starts calling again. The only way to make it stop is turn off the car.

2- For some reason I can only play my play lists in apple music and only a portion of of my playlist It always seems to play the same songs in almost the same order even on shuffle

I spend a lot of time in my car and these 2 particular issues are really annoying
Android Auto never seemed to give me these issues (This is not a comparison of apple VS android) I just want to find out if there is something I'm doing wrong or is there really some type of issue?
Note (Car is 2021 Hyundai SanteFe)

Thanks

CarPlay in iOS15 is FUBAR. Apple screwed the pooch with this release. It will remain that way until Apple fixes it. Don't hold your breath.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The overlords at Apple have seen fit to bestow a fix for some of the issues with CarPlay and iOS 15 upon us. The "failure to launch" for audio apps and the inability to control them through the CarPlay interface has been fixed in iOS 15.02, released today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.