Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chicago19

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
I realize this is a strange question given that the Iphone is what powers CarPlay, but does anyone else experience different results when using maps in CarPlay versus maps on the Iphone. My CarPlay Maps (via Siri) gives me very different results than my Iphone (via Siri) Maps and it's irritating.

As an example, when I ask Siri to take me to the nearest Target (a retailer in the U.S.), she correctly navigates me to the nearest Target. However, when I ask Siri in CarPlay mode, she recommended a Target more than 30 miles away. I have been testing this out recently and made sure to ask the question the exact same way and still different results.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Not an answer but does the CarPlay map show you correct current location on it screen? My wife had a similar type problem and it turns out that Maps didn't have cellular access turned on so when she was using in the car the app had no idea where she was.
Probably, not your issue but

Reactions: Celerondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.