Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Since there's no Carplay dedicated forum, I figured this was probably the best place for this question: I just got a vehicle with Carplay in it (2016 Chevy Suburban). My timed reminders have been showing up on the Carplay screen without any issues. For me, though, having location based reminders show up would be exceedingly helpful. To test it out, I set up several reminders-a getting in my car reminder, a leaving an area reminder and 2 entering an area reminders. The getting in the car reminder did not fire at all (likely because I connected the phone via USB rather than Bluetooth). The other reminders did fire but did not show up on the Carplay screen in the vehicle, only on the phone screen. I don't know why these would behave differently than the time based reminders. The only thing I can think of was that I was playing a podcast when they should have shown up on the screen.

Is there a setting I've missed somewhere? Or does the Podcasts app simply overrule notifications?

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
I just started with CarPlay this week and didn't know that you could have notifications go to the screen at all. I've not seen anything show up this far. Not sure why it wouldn't be a good feature to have notifications show up there somewhere with an option to have them read to you, but I'm guessing they don't want you to have to read anything so thinking its a bug that let you see the ones you saw. Would love to hear more from others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.