Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burnthefires

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2017
Is anyone experiencing issues with CarPlay on 14.5? Didn't try the betas, just installed the final release and now i'm having a lot of issues in two completely different cars.
In a 2019 Corolla with wired connection the sidebar with quick access icons/dashboard/menu etc is completely unresponsive. Tried rebooting both the head unit and the phone (12 mini), but to no avail.
In a 2018 BMW (NBT Evo head unit- iDrive 6 with current software version) with wireless connection i'm also randomly losing control, both via iDrive and touch. Music is still playing and the navigation screen is active, but i have to press the "back" button on iDrive controller to regain controls, and touch is still inactive then. Also sometimes the selection highlight is jumping all over menus constantly returning to top, especially within music app and this disappears only after reconnecting the phone.

UPDATE: Aparently this only happens with Google maps active, been using waze whole day in both cars and everything works perfectly fine, waiting for updates i guess...

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Is anyone experiencing issues with CarPlay on 14.5? Didn't try the betas, just installed the final release and now i'm having a lot of issues in two completely different cars.
In a 2019 Corolla with wired connection the sidebar with quick access icons/dashboard/menu etc is completely unresponsive. Tried rebooting both the head unit and the phone (12 mini), but to no avail.
In a 2018 BMW (NBT Evo head unit- iDrive 6 with current software version) with wireless connection i'm also randomly losing control, both via iDrive and touch. Music is still playing and the navigation screen is active, but i have to press the "back" button on iDrive controller to regain controls, and touch is still inactive then. Also sometimes the selection highlight is jumping all over menus constantly returning to top, especially within music app and this disappears only after reconnecting the phone.

UPDATE: Aparently this only happens with Google maps active, been using waze whole day in both cars and everything works perfectly fine, waiting for updates i guess...

Two Ford/SYNC3 vehicles here (2020 Escape Titanium and 2019 Edge SEL) with wired connection and zero issues... Full disclosure: I never run Google Maps, but did so after reading this thread... I am a Waze guy, but regardless, CarPlay is solid on both cars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.