Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karansaraf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
I got a new car last week (Mercedes GLA) that has wired CarPlay. Worked fine towards the end of last week when I used it (twice on Friday).

I've subsequently tried it today and whenever I connect the screen on the CarPlay UI is all blurred. See pictures below. Initially you can see the home screen beneath the blurriness but then it gets worse until the screen is just a jumbled mess. Audio will play and you can answer calls etc, but you just can't see the UI.

Interestingly, the Mercedes software all works fine on the screen, and if there is ever a Mercedes override screen (eg. reverse parking cameras or volume bar) then that windows is displayed perfectly on top of the CarPlay UI, but when it returns to CarPlay the blurriness is still there.

I updated my iOS to 13.5.1 this weekend I think so potentially that may be the cause?

Am I correct in assuming that this is likely purely a SOFTWARE problem with iOS/CarPlay rather than anything wrong with the Mercedes?

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to fix this?

Attachments

• HN5k1dMTQKOWwN8GKoBzTA_thumb_1500.jpg
    HN5k1dMTQKOWwN8GKoBzTA_thumb_1500.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,179
  • iQBnei%+ReSuDGkcC%TBQg_thumb_14fe.jpg
    iQBnei%+ReSuDGkcC%TBQg_thumb_14fe.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 333

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Have you tried another cable? Maybe another (since the update), full shutdown/restart on the phone - I'd also consider removing the device (on the car side) and repairing, you know, just to have a clean start.

karansaraf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Yes I had tried two different cables, but don't know why I didn't think to reboot the phone as you suggested. Stupid on my part, all fixed now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.