Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saysar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2016
Bay Area, CA
Yes I know I shouldn't snapchat & drive but i like to just record the music I'm listening to while driving and snapchat it on my story.

I think i've read about workaround if i jailbreak my phone, but i dont want to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

bperrella

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Yes I know I shouldn't snapchat & drive but i like to just record the music I'm listening to while driving and snapchat it on my story.

I think i've read about workaround if i jailbreak my phone, but i dont want to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Clearly you DON'T understand that you shouldn't Snapchat and drive. The lives of those around you are more important than a social media update.

Tony Danger

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2014
What you do is find an empty road, preferably one along a cliff edge, then, (and here's the technical part), play with SnapChat and drive off the cliff.

Not only will you get a great video for your social media, but you'll be doing all other drivers in the area a favour by permanently getting the hell off the road.

JuanRicardo

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2017

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Turn CarPlay off in settings and just use the USB functionality. Then turn CarPlay back on if you need to use those features, otherwise leave it off for future use. That's the only way around it, that I know of.

buckZor

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Wow, snapchat while driving. Brilliant. What is going to happen to us, as a species? Seriously.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rl-using-speed-filter/?utm_term=.55de5026f1fb

Christal McGee was behind the wheel of her father’s white Mercedes, 18-years-old and on her way home from work on a Thursday night in September 2015, when she pulled out her phone and opened the app.

Snapchat has a filter that allows users to record their speed of travel, and she wanted to see how fast she could go. So McGee accelerated, then accelerated some more, reaching 113 miles per hour on a suburban road outside Atlanta where the speed limit is 55.

She didn’t see Maynard Wentworth, an Uber driver just starting his shift that night, until it was too late. She hit him at 107 miles per hour.

Wentworth suffered a traumatic brain injury and was hospitalized for months.

Now he and his wife are suing McGee — and Snapchat — for negligence. The narrative of that night is outlined in a civil complaint filed in Spalding County court last week, which alleges that Snapchat was equally responsible for the cause of the crash because the company did not delete the miles per hour filter from the app after it was cited in similar accidents prior to the September 2015 crash.

The complaint and a statement from Wentworth’s lawyer, Michael L. Neff, explain that night like this: McGee was driving several of her friends home from work at a local restaurant in Hampton, Ga., a suburb of Atlanta. One of the friends was pregnant, according to the statement from Neff’s office. Over the pregnant passenger’s objections, McGee urged the Mercedes faster and faster.

She argued, according to the statement, that she was trying to get the car to 100 miles per hour so she could post it on Snapchat. McGee’s passengers saw the controversial filter hit 113 miles per hour. The teen was just about to post the Snapchat, the statement says, when she crashed into Wentworth’s Mitsubishi.

The collision caused Wentworth “permanent brain damage,” the complaint says, rendering him unable to work and causing him to lose 50 pounds since the wreck.

christal-mcgee-lucky-to-be-alive-snapchat-179x300.jpg

Christal McGee, 18, posted this photo of herself to Snapchat after causing a traffic accident in an Atlanta suburb while using the app’s miles per hour filter. (The Law Offices of Michael Lawson Neff, P.C.)
McGee hit her head on the windshield of the Mercedes — then Snapchatted a photo of herself backboarded, in a neck brace, blood trickling down her forehead, according to the statement. The caption on the Snapchat read: “Lucky to be alive.”

Wentworth’s lawyers argue that McGee’s behavior could have been prevented had Snapchat taken greater precautions with its miles per hour filter.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
What if I want to Snapchat while parked at a friends house?
Haha get out of your car and tell your friends what song you're listening to o_O

You can't use the camera/video to record while the phone is the source of music playing. It would have to record it's own output thus opening a hole in the space/time continuum

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.