Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Helen31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
I have always been able to play Amazon Music from my phone through my car stereo using CarPlay, however for some reason I can no longer get the music to play. Music still plays through Apple Music. Has anyone else had the same problem?

hauntvictim

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
Orange County, CA
I have always been able to play Amazon Music from my phone through my car stereo using CarPlay, however for some reason I can no longer get the music to play. Music still plays through Apple Music. Has anyone else had the same problem?
You are not alone, I just deleted the Amazon music app, because it HAS NOT worked since ios 11 in car play.

DamFu

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
It must be fixed in the 11.1 beta because it works for me. I actually just started using it a couple days ago.

Richard28

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2016
Amazon Music works for me, am in process of dropping apple music in favour of it, :)

Does anyone know if Alexa is in the route map for the Amazon Music CarPlay app - would be a great addition - it is on the iPhone version, but not available in CarPlay....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.