Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PilotC150

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
I just updated my phone to 15.7 and now my phone won't connect to CarPlay. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe it's something with iOS 15.7, I don't know.

I tried removing the car from Bluetooth, and from CarPlay, and removing my phone from Bluetooth on my car and starting over, and it still won't connect. Bluetooth will connect and play audio through that, but not CarPlay. Also tried restarting my phone, and restarting my car (just turning it off and on again) with no luck.

It's a 2021 Honda Accord.

Has this happened to anybody else with the update, or anybody have any ideas what to try next?

poorsnake

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2022
I have the same problem with the honda civic 2019. Using iPhone 13, I did not install 15.7 but updated it to 16. Now I cannot connect to car play, USB not found message when connected. Tried all the above steps. Now I am trying to find a new mfi apple certified cable and hope it works. In my car play settings, I selected 'forget this car', now i am not able to add it back.

PilotC150

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
I have the same problem with the honda civic 2019. Using iPhone 13, I did not install 15.7 but updated it to 16. Now I cannot connect to car play, USB not found message when connected. Tried all the above steps. Now I am trying to find a new mfi apple certified cable and hope it works. In my car play settings, I selected 'forget this car', now i am not able to add it back.
Mine miraculously started working again yesterday (a day after I posted). I again removed my car from CarPlay and Bluetooth. Triggered pairing mode on the car (holding the "talk" button on the steering wheel). My car showed up as an option in General -> CarPlay. Then it just worked. I have no idea what happened. I'm updating to iOS 16 right now. Hopefully I don't have to deal with this all over again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.