Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthony13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Last few months I’ve had a random glitch happening in CarPlay where occasionally a message thread will have a blue dot as though there is a new message, but when I touch the message it says ‘you have no new messages’ instead of reading it. The only way to clear the error is to open the message thread on my actual phone. Any one else encountering this? It’s happening in both my vehicles, and it was occurring with my 12pro and now 14pro.

Reactions: eric_david_morris

eric_david_morris

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2023
I’m getting this same exact issue on a majority of messages that come through CarPlay. I’m using wired CarPlay, 16.4.1, iPhone 11. Were you able to find a solution?

anthony13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Nothing. And you’re the first person I’ve found with the same issue. Wired car play on a 2018 grand Cherokee.

eric_david_morris

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2023
So a day ago I completely forgot all my cars in CarPlay and set it back up again as a brand new connection. So far fingers crossed it’s working as normal, but I would like to see if it holds up for a bit more before saying that’s a fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.