Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kidrobotik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
hey so i downloaded iName and CarrierChange to change the logo name.. I first tried iName to change it but it didnt work and it changed to "device"

then i tried carrierchange and it didnt work either, now its stuck on device and i cant get it to change at all, i tried respring, rebooting..

i really dont want to restore... what else can i try???

Kidrobotik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (device; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

mannnn anyone??? No one else has had this problem?

Reloaded1212

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
I had this same problem. To solve it, you should try installing fakecarrier (at least I think that's what it's called) and it will change your iPods carrier name.

AJ Predictions

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2011
Lethbridge, AB
Download iFile from Cydia and navigate to System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Scroll down till you find the "N72AP.plist" and open it in "Property List Viewer" mode.

Press "capabilities," then "device-name," and change it from "device" to "iPod" or whatever you want.

Your done! Please tell me if this didn't work!

Thx.

Aaron

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.