Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 21, 2005
Whats the chance that Apple is working on an cartoon animation program to compete with other programs like Toon Boom Studio?

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Hi, the odds are slim. I went with Flash since the Apple stores stopped carrying Toon Boom (not sure why) but I mostly do strips and not much animation but, I wanted to start. Is it that you are looking for more than what Toon Boom offers? Would like to hear more ;)

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 21, 2005
I tried Toon Boom quite a while ago and wasnt impressed. Flash and Director have their own limitations and quirks. I would be interested in a better animation program. Im studying Graphic Design: Identity and Branding and if Im not burned out by the end I'll cont. with a masters in Advertising, so my interest in a better animation program would only be for hobby purposes only. Theres Motion, but that is geared for video.

Also curious to see if Apple will compete with Adobe in the Flash and animation realm since Adobe is buying Macromedia.

Apple is already competing with Final Cut studio Vs. Adobe's Video Collection

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.