Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eightdotthree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
I have this weird issue thats happened twice. I pull out my airpods, put them in my ear and nothing. I stick them back in the case and check the battery levels and my case is at 99% while the airpods are at 0%. This is after about a week of not using them. Ive checked for debris or dust in the case, nothing. Any advice?

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
I have this weird issue thats happened twice. I pull out my airpods, put them in my ear and nothing. I stick them back in the case and check the battery levels and my case is at 99% while the airpods are at 0%. This is after about a week of not using them. Ive checked for debris or dust in the case, nothing. Any advice?

Depending on how old they are or if you have aftermarket foam tip replacements, sounds like the AirPods aren't touching the charging connectors. You can check to see if it's charging while the top of the case is open. Here's another link on it. If not, press down on them to see if triggers it and starts charing. If that works, then you probably need something to hold it in place so the connectors touch. If it doesn't work, call Apple for a warranty exchange. Good luck!

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I had a similar problem. On the iPhone tap forget this devise, turn off the iPhone. I then turned on the iPhone and repaired the AirPods and all was good. My problem was the left pod was not charging or connecting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.