Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I just purchased the airpods 3. I wonder if I can purchase the airpods pro case?

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I have found a few websites that show the cases are compatible with airpods pro and airpods 3. Its much easier to buy the pro cases if they fit the airpods 3

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Seems the case is different :(

The AirPods 3 include a wireless charging case with MagSafe that's slightly smaller than the AirPods Pro's case, all-new "custom" drivers, spatial audio with dynamic head tracking, "HD voice quality" for FaceTime and an adaptive EQ system to optimize sound quality. Apple's improved the battery life, so they now last up to 6 hours on a single charge instead of 5 at moderate volume levels. They also have the same force sensors in their stems as the AirPods Pro for controlling playback with a pinch. And importantly, they're sweat- and water-resistant with IPX4 certification (splashproof).

Source: https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/ai...2021-earbuds-look-a-lot-like-the-airpods-pro/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.