Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YaBoiD

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2011
I've been looking for a black leather smart case like the one Apple made for the Air 2 but only see the silicone version so purchased that. However, I'd by the leather smart case if/when Apple makes one for the 9.7 Pro.

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
I was always like this, until I finally caved and spent the extra money on Apple accessories. They truly are much better than anything else you can find. The only exception to this I have found is the Logitech Create keyboard case. I ended up returning my Apple Smart Keyboard for it and like the keyboard part of it much better--the case part is a bit bulky, but it's worth the trade-off IMO.

Reactions: kevroc and gorkt

tagumcity

macrumors regular
May 11, 2015
Tempe, Arizona
In the past I always used Sena & Vaja leather cases. There is added thickness & weight using those cases, & for some people the ethical question of using leather. Now I'm using the silicon case & cover because they seem to balance the bulk with fall protection. I'm comfortable with these cases and plan to use them on my IPP2 in 2017.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
For a long time I was, but I never found one. Now i just use a black smart cover and put it in a sleeve when I'm not using it. I'm not very worried about dropping it.

Deane2000

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2014
Southern California
The "prefect case" is completely subjective and dependent on the values and needs to the persons who is looking. Just like one person's perfect car is a Ford 150 pickup while another is a Ferrari 512 and a third would choose a minivan. Each is designed to meet a specific set of needs that is much different than the other. But for the person making the purchase, each might be the perfect car.

iPad cases are the same. The needs of a persons working on a construction site might be much different than the needs of a doctor or a professional designer. Each of their definitions of the perfect case would be different. While I emphasize with your obsession, you never told us what the perfect case is to you.

Can you enlighten us?

nutriousmitten

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2017
Assuming the IPP 9.7 stays the same dimension wise, will be looking to pick up a case or three. Life's too short, pardon the expression, to try and find a catch all solution, so multiple cases is the way to go IMO, for phones for sure, even for an Ipad.

I'd like to get the cheapest and thinnest silicon "case" for when at home. Won't need screen protection most of the time, and want to keep the dimensions as true to naked as possible for using it before bed, on couch etc, but not worried about scuffing up the back setting it down on something. Something with screen protection, to hold it I have to tuck the cover behind the back and then it gets cumbersome etc.

If need basic screen protection at home, or wanting to use it in "stand mode" for whatever reason.. pick up a cheap Amazon case (like the thin Belkin with front and back protection, with magnetic smart cover front). Plus, when going out travelling or taking it out and about out of the house, would want something classy looking with screen protection and the ability to use it in a stand mode. Thus, maybe a Sena (Portfolio) or Vaja (one with removable smart cover) leather case, as those appear to be well made and popular.

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
The only perfect case is no cases. Just use it naked, when it gets too scratched, use your apple care plus to get a new one, for the price of one case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.