Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Case, Invisible, Naked

• I use some sort of case

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • I use an invisible plastic shield or some sort

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • My iPhone is naked and how apple made it

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters

germanjulian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Do you use a case on your iphone or an invisible shield (any brand) or no case (naked)

Just wondering how many people do the caseless thing :D

I am thinking about getting the invisibleshield minus screen protector...

Shabbis

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
Nothing on my 2G, but right after I purchased my 32GB 3GS, I had the back only covered with the zagg invisible shield.

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I've had an invisible shield of some sort on the other 2 iPhones I've owned and I'm thinking about getting another for my 3GS. Cases make the phone too bulky for me.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
Used to use an InCase Slider. Scratched that phone more than the other caseless ones I had.

Got the phone replaced (gotta love 1 year warranty) and am now just using a Power Support Anti-Glare.

If you have a 3GS I'd recommend just using a clear "crystal" screen protector or nothing at all because of the oleophobic (sp?) coating. :)

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
Incase slider and generic screen protector, so the only parts of the phone exposed to the brutal elements of life are the buttons.

I've got it like this because I'm a student and I can't afford another one, so if I broke it or scratched it to pieces it would break my little heart. Had it naked for first month (too stingy to buy the incase), was often nervous. After I dropped it I gave up on the money saving.

B.A.

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2007
Case, all the time. iPhone actually feels too small (big hands) when I don't have a case and I feel like I'll drop it.

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
I'd love to use my iPhone constantly out of the case as it was intended, but after my original iPhone managed to get itself a few scratches on its screen I decided the 3G wouldn't leave the house unless it was in a protective case.

I got quite a nice leather flipcase with perhaps only one design flaw, which is that you have to slide the iPhone out of the case a little bit in order to use the camera :rolleyes: . It also has a business card holder which I find is the perfect place for an Oyster Card. That way I just touch my iPhone in and out when I get the train :D

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I have a white 32 GB 3GS iPhone and got an inexpensive case for it right away. I also put a screen protector on it but removed it after a day because of how it looked. I hope it is as scratch resistant as they claim.

Tom G.

fr00b

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
UK
Never bothered with cases myself, I do have a Power Support Anti Glare film on it though. However, recently, I been looking at the Incase Bamboo in Olive, but then again, it's not available here in the UK yet :(

Synthetickiller

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
Naked!!!!!!!!!!!!............ for now.

Waiting for my rebel serpent to get here on Monday. Also going to use the switcheasy screen shield. The phone costs too much to allow for it to get damaged.

stone315

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
Went a year with my 3G naked, now the back is scratched to hell. I just got a new screen so I bought myself a rebel serpent and am using that along with one of the screen protectors that came with it. The case itself is kind of pointless at this point, but it makes it look better and will hopefully prevent any serious damage when I drop it again.

Advice to all you new 3GS owners: Get some form of protection on your phone. It'll make it look nicer and if anything goes wrong it'll be easier to convince the lovely people at the Apple Store that it wasn't your fault. (If, of course, it wasn't.)

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
i use a case because eventually i will sell the iphone

the better the condition the more money i will get

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I would prefer naked but the incipio feather and invisi shield is as close as I am gonna get. My 3g screen got a 1inch scratch and it bugged the hell out of me. I highly recommend the feather. Not the best drop protection but help the back from getting scratched.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.