Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigOrangeSU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Does anyone have any case recommendations for 3gs. I am looking for something on the thinner side that works well, feels good in the hand, and looks nice. I just need something to protect from scratches to keep the resale value high. I would prefer if the iphone could stay in the case 100% instead of having to worry about overheating while charging.

Thanks!

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
I have been thinking of the Agent 18 Eco Shield. However, the Griffin Reveal just came out, and that's looking a lot more tempting.

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
I really like the Incase Frame Case for iPhone 3G. I really enjoy all products from Incase. I own the green one and it protects my iPhone really well. It has a really "snug fit" to it.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I have been thinking of the Agent 18 Eco Shield. However, the Griffin Reveal just came out, and that's looking a lot more tempting.

Agent 18 EcoShield = garbage. It falls off when you drop your phone, it's hideous, it scratches your phone. Don't get it.

I have matte black Incase Slider on the way for my 3G S.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
I bought an incase slider because:

1. I've had great experiences with the incase laptop sleeves
2. After putting every combination of iphone case type searches into Google/Mroogle I could think of it seemed to be a solid and extremely popular case.

I really like it. Dropped my phone a few times and it's been fine and it's a really good fit. I also haven't had any problems with my phone getting scratched. I combined mine with a generic screen protector from Amazon, since then I've just been throwing my iPhone into bags and pockets without worrying :)

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I just ordered this https://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-3G-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-3G--3GS-Smooth-Case.asp
for my 3g s. Not sure of fitment yet but it looks and feels nice and comes with a screen protector. Its not rigid as my incase slider for the 2g iphone, but hopefully it wont scratch the hell out of my new phone since it is softer on the inside. If you enter fathersday09 into the discount you get 25% off, so I paid less than $23 shipped.

rogue7

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
the incase slider is a near perfect case. however im gonna try out the griffin reveal or the incase frame case. are the power support crystal screen protectors pretty good?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.