Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVE№TURA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2021
Hello,

so I am looking for a case with a really stiff backplate and strong 360° rubber/TPU holders/sides.

In my humble opinion this is what is going to prevent an iPad Pro from banding when put in a heavy packed back pack.

I know the ZUGU has a kinda though back plate and nice 360° TPU sides but I do not like the fact that the screen cover is also the stand and will inevitably scratch the screen when it collects some harder than glas particles like sand...at some point. This is the same reason why I do not consider the Mous iPad case as it is same design.

The Tineeowl magma case seems more like it as the screen cover side that is in contact with the screen when closed, never touches the ground. So it's less likely to collect sand or some other hard particles. But I can't find out how tuff the back plate is.

TomTok Ultra case is advertised having a tough backplate. Also the screen cover is les likely to collect sand with time.
I am receiving it today but am skeptical.

I am open for ideas!

I do not want to use a screen protector as it adds reflections the screen. One of the iPad Pros main selling point to me is the antireflective coating or filtre. adding a screen protector really cancels this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Why don’t you just get separate bag for iPad (something like sling bag). If you store in the backpack, it may survive from bending (with thick back case) but it may not survive from high pressure in the full loaded heavy backpack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.