Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can find very little in the way of discussion here as well as very many products to choose from. Can someone show me the way?

I'm looking for something fairly simple, the ideal would be a smart cover and a minimal back, but I don't see the latter anywhere.

Surely there's got to be some reviews up though.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
Seems like everybody's looking for the same thing, but I haven't seen anything on the market yet.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can find very little in the way of discussion here as well as very many products to choose from. Can someone show me the way?

I'm looking for something fairly simple, the ideal would be a smart cover and a minimal back, but I don't see the latter anywhere.

Surely there's got to be some reviews up though.
The Apple silicone case for the iPad mini 4 will fit. The mic gets covered by the case and the camera lens is partially covered, although it doesn't impede the picture results from what I can see.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I also got ESR, but the Rebound case in green. My review of it is in the forum here somewhere. I would also like a silicon case "like Apple used to make" to go along with an Apple smart cover. I prefer the grip and touch of Apple, but this ESR is pretty good:

https://www.amazon.com/ESR-iPad-Mini-2019-Rubberized/dp/B07P249QDS/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=esr+rebound+ipad+mini+5+green&qid=1555761180&refinements=p_89:ESR&rnid=2528832011&s=electronics&sr=1-1

I wanted to try the rebound case. How does it hold up in terms of collecting dust and lint. I feel like that would bother me a lot.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
I got a supposed iPad Mini 5 case from eBay, but the cut outs were wrong so I’m still sticking with a Mini 4 case for now. I’m looking for anything that covers the whole body with the appropriate cut outs for the ports. It looks as though these smart cases expose one side of the iPad’s body while the case is open?

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Any one knows if the smart cover for IPad mini 4 works on iPad mini 5?

Frank

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I emailed ESR to see if they are going to make a back case that's compatible with the smart cover. They replied back "we'll between releasing one in the near future" whatever that means.

Last edited:

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
I emailed earlier to see if they are going to make a back case that's compatible with the smart cover. They replied back "we'll between releasing one in the near future" whatever that means.
Who is "they"? Apple?

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I’m just looking for something NOT boring and solid. I’m tired of the few prints that Fintie has in amazon - new blood needed in the Chinese case artwork department.

I have a totally functional black case.... that wants to be replaced with a snazzier model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.