Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JediKnife

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2020
I really like the new Apple silicone case for my 13 Pro Max; it is silky, not too sticky and thin. Im not really crazy about the Apple logo on the back and I know that over time it will probably get shiny on corners and other high wear areas, so my question is where can I find a quality third party Mag Safe silicone case for my IPhone 13 Pro Max, or something with a similar feel to it? Would prefer something from a dedicated phone case business with legitimate website if possible. Thank you!

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
i mean if you want a silicon case, with magsafe, the apple one is really the only way to go.

just remember the point of a case is to take the blows to protect your actual phone. so a shiny case on the corners hopefully means your phone corners aren't cracked. you may find some random brand that offers what you're looking for for $10-15 less, but you're rolling the dice on quality

Reactions: JediKnife

Petrophas

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2018
i mean if you want a silicon case, with magsafe, the apple one is really the only way to go.

just remember the point of a case is to take the blows to protect your actual phone. so a shiny case on the corners hopefully means your phone corners aren't cracked. you may find some random brand that offers what you're looking for for $10-15 less, but you're rolling the dice on quality
You’re rolling the dice on quality with Apple silicone as well. They don’t have a great reputation themselves.

I think the point in someone asking for alternatives is knowing that cases will take a beating and you may need a new one every few months, in which case, spending $15 is much more ideal than $50.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010

Beyonder88

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2017
I found the oem source for the apple silicone cases. Wow they are exactly the same and 1/7 of its actual price. If you are paying 7x more. Better shout apple loudly x 7x!!!

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I bought this one from OUXUL for my 11 Pro Max and I'm getting it for my 13 Pro Max as well. Silicone like the Apple cases but no logo. And it protects the bottom edge of the phone instead of being opened up like Apple's silicone cases.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 1.10.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 1.10.51 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 125

warpdrive

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
I bought this one from OUXUL for my 11 Pro Max and I'm getting it for my 13 Pro Max as well. Silicone like the Apple cases but no logo. And it protects the bottom edge of the phone instead of being opened up like Apple's silicone cases.

The 12 and 13 cases protect the full bottom edge

Reactions: JediKnife

JediKnife

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2020
The quality of this phone case is very good, the hand feels very good, it will not slip off, and it is simple and elegant.
There are four models of 13mini/pro/max in the shop.
“For Women” wtf?

Wowfunhappy

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2019
Hi, can I bump this?

I usually hate phone cases, but in a personal first, I discovered that I actually really like the Apple Silicone case for my iPhone 13 Mini.

However, it only seems to last about five months before pieces begin tearing off, I've already re-purchased it twice as Apple refuses to replace them under warranty. For the life of me, I can't think of anything I've done to mistreat it. At $50, this just isn't sustainable.

Is there anything out there that looks and feels like the silicone case, but either costs much less or will last much longer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.