Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Since the 10.15.5 supplemental update yesterday, hyperlinks no longer work from emails on Outlook (16.38 - 365). Both MS and Apple now say they are aware of this problem. I am amazed this was not picked up by the beta testers or maybe they did not get to test the supplemental update.
.... reason to become a Beta-tester. In your own interest.
;JOOP!

Since the 10.15.5 supplemental update yesterday, hyperlinks no longer work from emails on Outlook (16.38 - 365). Both MS and Apple now say they are aware of this problem. I am amazed this was not picked up by the beta testers or maybe they did not get to test the supplemental update.
The other serious issue with OS 10.15.5 is that it "broke" SuperDuper! and Carbon Copy Cloner, as their backups of a OS 10.15.5 system would not be bootable. CCC has already issued a fix, but still waiting for SuperDuper!. Myself, for now, I've gone back to OS 10.15.4 on both of my Macs, and thus SuperDuper! will work normally.

As for EMail issues, did not have any with Thunderbird. In fact, except for the issue with SuperDuper!, everything else worked fine.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^^I've been corresponding with Dave Nanian at Shirt Pocket about the issue. It caused me grief because I didn't know of the issue before I made a clone of my boot SSD. To recover I needed to remove the offending drive from my NcMP 7,1 and boot to the T2 SSD which I do not use. I downloaded the trial version of CCC until Shirt Pocket issues their fix which I hope is soon. Dave didn't give me a time table.

And yes, as with you I have not noticed any other issues with 10.5.5 or the supplemental update ?

Lou

^^^^^I've been corresponding with Dave Nanian at Shirt Pocket about the issue. It caused me grief because I didn't know of the issue before I made a clone of my boot SSD. To recover I needed to remove the offending drive from my NcMP 7,1 and boot to the T2 SSD which I do not use. I downloaded the trial version of CCC until Shirt Pocket issues their fix which I hope is soon. Dave didn't give me a time table.

And yes, as with you I have not noticed any other issues with 10.5.5 or the supplemental update ?

Lou
Yeah, Dave is great! He actually gave me an "interim" fix, but as I mentioned, I decided to go back to OS 10.15.4 until a fix from Shirt Pocket software arrives. Bombich software already issued a fix for Carbon Copy Cloner.

One the update for SuperDuper! arrives, I will do a SuperDuper! backup of both of my OS 10.15.4 Macs, reboot each Mac from the backup, do a fresh, clean installation of OS 10.15.5, migrate/copy needed items from the backup, restart the respective Mac, and then apply the recently released OS 10.15.5 Supplemental Update (I downloaded it last night). I should then be fine.

Thanks for the info about no issues with the supplemental update.

defomicron

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
Transmit 5 basically stopped working for me today - only thing I can figure is it was the supplemental update. I can SSH from Terminal (using the exact same SSH keys and config file), CyberDuck works fine, ForkLift works fine. Transmit just freezes, doesn't attempt to connect to the server for 1-2 minutes. Sometimes it eventually does, and then it usually immediately disconnects and then listing a directory takes again, 1-2 minutes or fails. Anyone else seeing this?

ateslik

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2008
Issue: After each scan, a window appears saying "An error occurred while registering to the database" with a button labeled Quit. Resolution: System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Full Disk Access and enable ScanSnap Home.

Is this still working for you on 10.15.5? I just got the IX1500 and I'm getting this exact error message. Very frustrating.

I've tried your solution, which was also shown on Fujitsu's site, but it's not working. I tried removing and reinstalling several times. I tried chmod and chown the app and all internal files wide open. Nothing gets me past the dreaded "An error occurred while registering to the database" error. :/ The Scansnap Home window never opens.

SOLVED:
After exhausting all the online resources I called in to Fujitsu tech support. We worked through all the installation locations and found a location that just didn't get made for some reason. I manually made the following path:

~/Library/Application Support/PFU/ScanSnap Home

and rebooted. Suddenly all kind of folders appeared at that location with sqlite databases. And now the Scansnap Home windows opens and everything is working.

Last edited:

RobJVM

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2020
Catalina and the current iOS broke my WEBSITE. Works everywhere else. Older versions of macOS, Windows 10 current, Android current… freaking Apple man...

www.robkmusic.com All the embedded MP3 players on my site. it's part of the Wordpress Theme. And NO, I can't update my theme because it's abandonware. I'm going to have to dig into the code to fix this, if it's even possible.

carlsson

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
Catalina and the current iOS broke my WEBSITE. Works everywhere else. Older versions of macOS, Windows 10 current, Android current… freaking Apple man...

www.robkmusic.com All the embedded MP3 players on my site. it's part of the Wordpress Theme. And NO, I can't update my theme because it's abandonware. I'm going to have to dig into the code to fix this, if it's even possible.

I work with WP and unfortunately it's very important to update the themes continously due to security reasons.

However, it looks good from here (I'm on Big Sur though), and if you by embedded MP3 players mean the Youtube videos it's working. I can't see any trace of any other players, but I haven't looked extremely thoroughly to be honest. I'd be glad to verify this if you specify a URL. :)

RobJVM

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2020
My theme is abandonware unfortunately... The developer has been MIA for at least 6yrs. I'm heavily invested in this theme. If I can fix it I'd prefer to do that before I try to migrate. This URL from my discography...

Should look like this with an MP3 player at the bottom. I hope this comes through.

Works on EVERY earlier version of macOS, Windows 10, Android... DOES NOT WORK on macOS Catalina and current iOS I've tested.

It's ONLY Apple as far as I can tell.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 2.02.09 AM.png

stegan

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2020
I wish Apple would fix “Time Machine” so it will work on Catalina. Also “disk utilities” needs to be augmented so it will convert MBR drives to GUID to be compatible with APFS.
Time Machine not working with Mail messages. Used to in previous OSX. Entering TM whilst in Mail will see the timeline but no access...no going back. Careful what you delete...

solarix1578

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2016
Hi everyone, I recently installed Catalina 10.15.7 on my old MacBook pro 7.1 and everything works very well, except Teamviewer 15 which installs correctly but if I launch the application it crashes! Can you help me?

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Hi everyone, I recently installed Catalina 10.15.7 on my old MacBook pro 7.1 and everything works very well, except Teamviewer 15 which installs correctly but if I launch the application it crashes! Can you help me?
Hello, according to this website, it should work: https://community.teamviewer.com/En...re-supported-for-teamviewer-remote-management

If you have installed any third-party antivirus and/or personal firewall software, try disabling it or removing it temporarily in order to troubleshoot.

Try Resetting the PRAM and if necessary, Clear the SMC.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Well, now that this old thread has been revived, I’ll take the opportunity to report that I was able to install macOS Ventura on my old 27” iMac (Late-2013). It works great! And it would perform a lot better if it had a SSD instead of a HDD.
I used OpenCore (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/) to accomplish this.
It may seem a little confusing but if you read the instructions carefully, you should be able to succeed.

Reactions: mudflap

mudflap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2007
Chicago
Well, now that this old thread has been revived, I’ll take the opportunity to report that I was able to install macOS Ventura on my old 27” iMac (Late-2013). It works great! And it would perform a lot better if it had a SSD instead of a HDD.
I used OpenCore (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/) to accomplish this.
It may seem a little confusing but if you read the instructions carefully, you should be able to succeed.
OCLP has come a long way. I installed Big Sur and Monterey on a Late 2012 MacBook Pro and there were too many graphical glitches and other issues. But 18 months later or so, it's just about perfect. I bought two late 2012 Mac Minis with OCLP and Monterey; one is now my audio player, the other is my torrent/Time Machine/CCC/file/Plex server. Both cost me $75, plus a few $45 1TB SSDs. OCLP is brilliant.

Reactions: Amazing Iceman

photog4life

macrumors member
May 6, 2015
OCLP has come a long way. I installed Big Sur and Monterey on a Late 2012 MacBook Pro and there were too many graphical glitches and other issues. But 18 months later or so, it's just about perfect. I bought two late 2012 Mac Minis with OCLP and Monterey; one is now my audio player, the other is my torrent/Time Machine/CCC/file/Plex server. Both cost me $75, plus a few $45 1TB SSDs. OCLP is brilliant.
I tried doing the OCLP and had continuous lines and glitches... I am now trying to downgrade to a Catalina patch and if all else fails I dont know why I keep seeing these glitches.. how did you correct it?

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I tried doing the OCLP and had continuous lines and glitches... I am now trying to downgrade to a Catalina patch and if all else fails I dont know why I keep seeing these glitches.. how did you correct it?
It usually works great. Check this link for compatibility issues just in case.
If it shows no issues, make sure you first Zap the PRAM and Clear NVRAM.

lkar

Suspended
Nov 14, 2015
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not let me know where to go.

I am looking for a copy of Catalina to install with OpenCore Legacy patcher, the "download a macos installer" button in the OCLP only reaches to 11.5, i need to go lower to 10.15, how do I get a copy?

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not let me know where to go.

I am looking for a copy of Catalina to install with OpenCore Legacy patcher, the "download a macos installer" button in the OCLP only reaches to 11.5, i need to go lower to 10.15, how do I get a copy?
If you download this software, you can download macOS installers pre-Big Sur.

BTW, I think maybe posting a whole new thread might've been a better idea. Anyway...

Reactions: lkar

lkar

Suspended
Nov 14, 2015
If you download this software, you can download macOS installers pre-Big Sur.

BTW, I think maybe posting a whole new thread might've been a better idea. Anyway...

Apple also have a page to download all the macos's prior to ventura from 10.7 onwards (although they don't have 10.9): https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT211683

In the case of 10.15.7 it is here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-catalina/id1466841314?mt=12

A slightly related question, do you have a link for Big Sur 11.2? (or 11.1 or 11?) It can't be higher than 11.2 because there is a bug in 11.3 and up that I would like to avoid.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Apple's support page only gives the latest versions. So in the case of Big Sur it gives 11.7.6.

MDS also gives older versions provided the package is still on apple's servers. In the case of Big Sur the oldest one seems to be 11.5.2.

archive.org has some older versions however.

Here is 11.2.3: https://archive.org/download/install-assistant-11.2.3_202112/InstallAssistant_11.2.3.pkg

More importantly however archive.org also seem to have macos x mavericks which the apple support page is missing.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.