Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

landshark2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2020
This is my third thread on this issue, and I am still not able to create a Catalina boot stick. I guess I need both hands held, and a painted picture.

When the mid 2012 unibody 15" MBP was running High Sierra, I successfully created a High Sierra boot stick, but it would not create a Catalina boot stick. So I upgraded the MBP to Catalina, but it does not download the Catalina downloader, like it did with the High Sierra downloader when it was running High Sierra. It just starts the update process.

Am I being too analretentive in wanting to do clean installs of Catalina on my 13" and 15" mid 2012 unibody MBPs?

landshark2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2020
One of the calls by the last poster on my first thread actually called it; the Catalina upgrade to my 15" wasn't fully updated.

Once I got that sorted out, Catalina boot stick creation running Catalina was as easy but quicker than High Sierra boot stick creation running High Sierra.

Really appreciate the community holding my hands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.