Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Hey all I bought a Catronics Digital Photo Frame from TigerDirect, and as soon as I opened it and plugged it in, nothing would appear on the screen, even with an SD card in its slot and plugged it in to my computer over its USB cable. Still, nothing. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this, or does it need to be returned? Thankxxx

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
What does this have to do with Macs?

Digital picture frames are too new and too diverse for a critical mass of users to have experience with their failure modes. The most likely solution to your problem is to read the manual. Get a technically proficient friend to help you. If the two of you working together can't fix the problem, then return it.

Caution: Be careful not break anything. If it doesn't fit, then don't force it.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
What does this have to do with Macs?

Digital picture frames are too new and too diverse for a critical mass of users to have experience with their failure modes. The most likely solution to your problem is to read the manual. Get a technically proficient friend to help you. If the two of you working together can't fix the problem, then return it.

Caution: Be careful not break anything. If it doesn't fit, then don't force it.
This is a Mac periphel, thus, I placed it in the Mac Periphels thread.
However, you are completely right, I just hoped that someone might have an idea about this, perhaps having had the same problem as I did, and would be able to help me. Also, the manual appears to be translated from some other language, and some of it makes less than perfect sense.
At this point, I consider myself technically proficient enough to know it's time to return the product, and look elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.