Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
Bought the 3T with the intention of selling my 6S, but I can't let go.

Love the form factor of the 6S; macOS integration, camera, FaceTime, iMessage, security, not as many pop-ups.

But now I remember why I loved Android; customisation, openness, keyboard. And in regards to the 3T specifically; the large HD AMOLED screen, the gestures, OIS, front facing camera, split screen, Google integration - was Gmail and Google Music when on my iPhone as well.

Kinda torn right now. Might build a spreadsheet.

Maybe I could rock the two of them... actually, those who do that, do you have two separate SIM's or do you keep alternating between the two devices?

MindsEye

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Personally think its a good idea to have a phone to fall back on and if their is no pressing need to sell i.e financial, i would recommend keeping them both.

Alternating when you feel like using the other does seem like less hassle as opposed to getting another plan or a multi plan.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
I can't stick to one OS. I use Android and iOS concurrently. I swap between my Galaxy S7 Edge and iPhone 7 regularly or just carry both with me.

My main phone line is through Verizon with unlimited and I normally keep that SIM in my Galaxy S7 Edge for multiple reasons. I also have a line with RingPlus that's free but doesn't have a ton of data, so it's good for a lot of basic things, but not really enough for any kind of streaming. I use that in my iPhone.

I'd swap the two if I could, but my Galaxy S7 Edge doesn't work on Sprint's network.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Maybe I could rock the two of them... actually, those who do that, do you have two separate SIM's or do you keep alternating between the two devices?

I go with two SIMs. Primary on a 7 Plus and second one is in the backup (S6e) on a different network incase coverage drops out. It's also my extra data source or for tethering. I like the 3Ts dual SIM in this regard.

Swapping wouldn't be that much of a bother but I like to take two phones and have them readily useable (and cover signal black spots) rather than have two devices and leave one at home.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I actually just bought a 3T the other day, I've been wanting to switch from iOS (iPhone 7 Plus). Sadly I returned it today, the camera is terrible. And certain apps just lag lag lag. (Messenger, Snapchat) - although that might just be Android.

Shame though, cause it's a beautiful & stunning device!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.