Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
I just signed up for CBS All Access via Apple TV+ and noticed that Star Trek: Short Treks isn't available. It's listed on the CBS website, but no where to be found via AppleTV.

I tried downloading the CBS app but if I try to sign in using 'restore purchases', it tells me that I don't have a subscription.

Are there other shows that are missing, or am I just overlooking it somewhere?

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Where are you located? I'm in Canada and the content on CBS All Access is pretty limited, and doesn't include the newer Star Trek series. The new Star Trek content is on Crave (streaming) and CTV Sci-Fi Channel (cable) here.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
As far as I've been able to determine the CBS All Access Channel is missing the Short Treks and it does not have the Big Brother live feeds that you can also get in the stand alone app. This is a decision that CBS made. That may not be all the differences, though. Just what I've found.

And, no, your Channel subscription does not get you access to the stand alone app. It's one or the other. But it sure would be nice for the IP owners to allow that.

EDIT: I actually just found out you CAN access the CBS All Access app with your Channel subscription. See this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-tv-and-cbs-all-access-no-live-cl-matches.2250521/.

Last edited:
Reactions: pup
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.