Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

topdownjimmy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
I was an existing CBS/Showtime bundle subscriber, and this has become a Paramount+/Showtime bundle, still at $9.99/mo.

I can't confirm whether this bundle is available to new subscribers.

IMG_2326.jpg

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
We knew we’d get to keep it after they told us nothing would change for us. The issue is it’s not available to new customers because ViacomCBS is working on new Paramount+ bundles. We found that out last week at the investor meeting. I’m betting after the new bundle(s) we’ll need to choose what we want. One of the upcoming bundles includes Showtime right inside of Paramount+.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
You're right... ViacomCBS were not clear publicly what was going to happen to the Paramount+/Showtime bundle. I had to email their support about it before I finally got a clear answer. And as @JBaby points out we may have to choose a new bundle option in the near future.

KBJ55

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2017
We knew we’d get to keep it after they told us nothing would change for us. The issue is it’s not available to new customers because ViacomCBS is working on new Paramount+ bundles. We found that out last week at the investor meeting. I’m betting after the new bundle(s) we’ll need to choose what we want. One of the upcoming bundles includes Showtime right inside of Paramount+.
Do you have a link to where they talk about these bundles, specifically the one that includes Showtime? I didn't know they had announced anything so specific yet, just that bundle options were coming.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Do you have a link to where they talk about these bundles, specifically the one that includes Showtime? I didn't know they had announced anything so specific yet, just that bundle options were coming.

You can probably Google the investor presentation. I don’t have any links. I watched the presentation live. The presentation happened on 2/24 from 4:45pm to 7pm CST. The only bundle they talked about specifically was the Showtime bundle. At some point Showtime will be inside of the Paramount+ app. I’m assuming this means Showtime will be in the P+ tv Channel too, but they didn’t explicitly say that.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
The pricing will probably be very similar though.

I wouldn’t assume that at all. Showtime was free with as long as you had tv+. There’s going to be more than one bundle and we have no idea how much it’s going to cost.

KBJ55

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2017
I wouldn’t assume that at all. Showtime was free with as long as you had tv+. There’s going to be more than one bundle and we have no idea how much it’s going to cost.
Yes, and I think Apple is subsidizing the cost of Showtime and paying Viacom their normal wholesale rate for both products. That's why I think the pricing will be similar on the open market. Apple may have a different bundle pricing but again, I think they'll be subsidizing the difference.

But you're right, we don't know anything until it's official.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.