Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Hopefully I’m posting this in the right place. Have an iPhone 14 Pro. With my phone carrier, I am on a basic plan that costs $29.99 after autopay discount. This plan has ad ons such as hd streaming (720p), hot spot, and priority data (all at an additional cost). I recently added hd streaming for $5 more a month as I couldn’t get video apps to load anything such as Snapchat and it has made a difference. Was considering moving from my basic plan with the hd add on to a mid tier plan. It would cost $5 more a month to go to the mid tier plan but I would be gaining 50 gb of hotspot data and 50 gb of priority data.

Guess my main question is, does priority data do anything or make a difference? Just not really sure what it is and if it would make a difference. Thanks.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Guess my main question is, does priority data do anything or make a difference? Just not really sure what it is and if it would make a difference. Thanks.
Typically, at least in the US, priority data means your data is served first. Now, if everyone who has priority data is being served first then data consumption is down to how well your carrier serves you. If they've been fine for you then you can probably expect just a faster experience.

Those who do not have priority data are served their data requests after those who do have it.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Depends on location.

I've used Visible and Visible+ in Los Angeles area and the difference is night and day.

Regular Visible was barely usable. There were times that it was timing out just trying to open Google whereas those on regular Verizon postpaid were able to access the internet just fine.

Visible+ seems just as good as Verizon postpaid.

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
IMG_0405.png

This basic plan is what I am on and I pay $5 more for 720p streaming.

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
IMG_0406.png

This is the plan I’m thinking on switching the too do you think it would be worth it for the priority data and hotspot? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.