Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DRFS Rich

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2004
Elan0204 said:
That's right. I don't use data services myself, but I have read that T-Mobile has by far the cheapest data services of any cellular company.

I wouldn't be so sure on that, unless things have changed over there as of late. Sprint's Vision is $10/mo. for unlimited usage. Get a Sanyo phone with the USB data cable, and you're good to go. I've used voice and data and found it to be fairly reliable.

- R

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
Cingular and AT&T have merged, and you can use both networks, whichever happens to be getting better service at the time. All the phones I've used (moto t720, moto v600) have automatically switched between the two, providing pretty good service as I go from the north burbs to downtown every day for school. I havent had much experience with their customer service. the only one time was with a bill discrepancy, and they gave me a 20 dollar credit, so they're not too bad in my book. I think it depends on who you get in their CS department. I had t-mobile, they sent me a broken phone, refused to give me another one, and when I said i'd cancel with them instead of pay 100 bucks to fix the phone, they charged 250 early termination fee. their reception wasnt half bad, though.

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
macrlz9 said:
i live in the southwest suburubs and in my area by far the best is nextel and that's what i use and love it, just upgraded to the i730 phone, it rox

i've brought us cellular, sprint and nextel phones to chicago and the nextel is the only one i've never had a problem with (they're 800Mhz others are higher). I also love the i730!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.