Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Of the phones I’ve used this year (iPhone 7,7+, S8, S8 active, Note8, Pixel, Essential), I put the Pixel first followed by the iPhone 7, then the 7+ along with the Samsung’s, and Essential last.

While the 7+ and Galaxies were pretty much the same (and slightly better than the Essential) the Pixel was head and shoulders better (with the iPhone 7 splitting the difference).

To be clear, that was last years smaller Pixel, haven’t used the XL or the 2.

Edit: This was with At&T in the Tampa Bay area in Florida.

Last edited:

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Right now my V30 has done miracles in areas that had zero signal with my 7 Plus.

I think this question will generate multiple different answers based on area, carrier, etc.

I'm with T-Mobile using my device around San Antonio and the rural cities that are located around it.

Reactions: Fernandez21

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Don't underestimate the pioneers in Motorola and Nokia.

My Microsoft Lumia 640 sounded like I was talking on a landline. Crystal clear and I lived up in the mountains where 2G doesn't exist and only 3G. While my Motorola Moto E 4G had the best Wi-Fi range.

It's why I like classic Motorola and Nokia so much. They are the best for reception since they have been doing it the longest. Motorolas on Verizon (best coverage and strong signal in US) should be stellar.

seasurfer

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Sadly Microsoft stop producing cell phone.
[doublepost=1508627178][/doublepost]
Right now my V30 has done miracles in areas that had zero signal with my 7 Plus.

I think this question will generate multiple different answers based on area, carrier, etc.

I'm with T-Mobile using my device around San Antonio and the rural cities that are located around it.

I have T-mo too. Been wondering what is the best phone for this service. Look like iPhone 8 Plus is not the best on this issue.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Sadly Microsoft stop producing cell phone.
[doublepost=1508627178][/doublepost]

I have T-mo too. Been wondering what is the best phone for this service. Look like iPhone 8 Plus is not the best on this issue.

Just keep in mind any devices or upcoming ones with band 71. V30 is the only one right now (I think) but next year they'll all have it I'd think. Even if band 71 isn't deployed in your area yet, it might be next year right? As for iPhone, it's the Intel modem. They cripple the Qualcomm one to make it inferior like the Intel. If they didn't, everyone would notice the difference right away. So until Apple fixes this issue with Qualcomm, I'm out.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Short answer: I don't think anyone here knows and I don't think we can really learn as there are too many factors affecting connectivity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.