Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musqayan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Anybody having cell service issues? Random slow connection? My phone shows 3 bars of LTE but doesn't load. Only noticed it once hitting the beta, not sure if it was just poor timing.

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
I have to restart my iPhone basically every time I change from Wifi to LTE, otherwise virtually all cell service stops. No calls, no texts, no data. Hopefully this is addressed in the next beta

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I have to restart my iPhone basically every time I change from Wifi to LTE, otherwise virtually all cell service stops. No calls, no texts, no data. Hopefully this is addressed in the next beta

My 6 plus, 7 plus, and 8 plus had cell issues. Took them to Apple. They replaced all three.

Last edited:

Diamond Dog

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2018
Was having this problem here as well. I installed as a fresh install (popped iPhone into restore mode, restored via iTunes to 12.0, set up as new iPhone).

A "Reset Network Settings" (Settings > General > Reset) seems to have cleared this up for me. Been good for the past week or so.

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Was having this problem here as well. I installed as a fresh install (popped iPhone into restore mode, restored via iTunes to 12.0, set up as new iPhone).

A "Reset Network Settings" (Settings > General > Reset) seems to have cleared this up for me. Been good for the past week or so.

I'm going to give beta 2 a shot before I Reset Network Settings, but thanks for the tip!

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Alright, so I was still having issues switching from WiFi to LTE on Beta 2. All internet died completely on LTE until I reset my iPhone, along with the ability to send and receive all green bubble texts and phone calls. Toggling Airplane Mode didn’t help. I needed a reset.

I just Reset Network Settings as well as Reset Location and Privacy, so we’ll see how it goes when I leave the WiFi again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.