Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Herra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
IMG_2469.jpeg

I recently noticed in the top right-hand corner swipe down menu (I forget the name of that menu…) the cellular icon is “greyed out” compared to the white on the other logos.

Does anyone else see this on their phone?

NOTE: I’m running iOS 16.4.1

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
That menu is called the Control Center. The icon you circled is for cellular data. Because the icon is green, you have cellular data turned on, which is normal. The color of the lines that make up the symbol have something to do with your Screen Time settings, I think.

Reactions: d.o.p.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
The reason the little mast looks grey is because you're connected to Wi-Fi, so even though cellular data is switched on, your device is using Wi-Fi data. Switch Wi-Fi off and it should go back to white.

IMG_0026.jpeg

Herra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
IMG_2472.jpeg
That menu is called the Control Center. The icon you circled is for cellular data. Because the icon is green, you have cellular data turned on, which is normal. The color of the lines that make up the symbol have something to do with your Screen Time settings, I think.

Thank you! That was exactly it. Under Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions menu, changes to cellular data is set to “Do not allow”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.