Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jatt123

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield,CA
Hello Everyone! I wanted to know if anyone experienced this. So I'm planning on buying the new iPad cellular version for AT&T. I will just add it to my mobileshare plan. But I wanted to know, can I open a line on the account buy a iPhone with the new line and then later change it to the iPad plan for 10 bucks? It doesn't matter to me about the 2 year contract. I see AT&T has 100 dollars off the retail price for the ipad if I get a 2 year contract? But wouldn't make sense of buying a iPhone and selling it off? I was going to buy my iPad from best buy anyway since I have reward zone points stacked up. So that 100 off wouldn't benefit me. Has anyone did this in the past?

icydog

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2008
NJ
Hello Everyone! I wanted to know if anyone experienced this. So I'm planning on buying the new iPad cellular version for AT&T. I will just add it to my mobileshare plan. But I wanted to know, can I open a line on the account buy a iPhone with the new line and then later change it to the iPad plan for 10 bucks? It doesn't matter to me about the 2 year contract. I see AT&T has 100 dollars off the retail price for the ipad if I get a 2 year contract? But wouldn't make sense of buying a iPhone and selling it off? I was going to buy my iPad from best buy anyway since I have reward zone points stacked up. So that 100 off wouldn't benefit me. Has anyone did this in the past?

WHY? Would you do that? Just get an ATT iPad with cellular and hook it up to a new phone number supplied by ATT.

jatt123

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield,CA
I wanted to get the iPhone 5S so I can sell it to recoup some of the cost of the iPad. I did some research and i found it can be done. Once I buy the iPhone, I can convert the line into a iPad data only line for 10 bucks! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.